Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Minimalist Journey

Okay folks, sorry about the lapse, but I’m feeling good about getting started again. Thanks to my ever present Castor, over the past few months I’ve been gradually and increasingly being exposed to a concept called #minimalism. (which is thoroughly gone over here: http://www.theminimalists.com/21days/ ) During these months I’ve entered into a completely separate sort of personal transformation (which deserves it’s own bit of fleshing out and discussion).  Lately I’ve come to the conclusion that this minimalism thing and the utility, attitude, and freedom that it brings is completely worthy of me bringing into the fold of this new person I’m finally pulling out of myself… (Everyone’s been telling me all of my adult life that I need to come out of some “shell” that I’ve been consciously unaware of, so this phrasing seems appropriate.) 
With something like this, (as most things that are slightly important should be) if you’re going to do it, you have to do it whole-heartedly.  So last Monday I looked some things over on Minimalism while having a really good feeling day in some other ways that were also along some similar lines, and decided that the next day would be my Day 1 on the 21 Day Journey Into Minimalism. The majority of posts over these next 20ish days will be my chronicle of this experience. So far I’m enjoying it in many ways and looking forward to sharing. Details of this to come. —
MPSX

No comments:

Post a Comment